Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MEMORIES OF VARIOUS STATES THAT I VISITED

As a child i was one of those lucky kids who got the chance to live in different states and cities in India. My father was frequently posted to different cities of different states, I have lived in Assam, Uttar Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh. Westbengal is my birth place and native place , i have been to uttaraanchal too. I liked almost every place because every state and city was different from each other.

ASSAM:
I liked Assam because of its greenary, there i experienced the cold winters of north eastern India, I saw fresh vegetables in the market direct from the farms. Mekla saaris still attracts me, it was my first Kendriya Vidyalaya in Assam, i learnt many things from KV BRPL, i got recognisation in many cultural activities, I experienced Riots, saw refugees for the first time, every commodity was so expensive there. I still long to see the bridge over the Brahmaputra, the wide river which has island in between. My first crush in school.

UTTAR PRADESH:
Uttar Pradesh didn't leave a good impression on me , We lived there for three years in a city called BAREILLY. People over there are very narrow minded, they value friendship, but women are not very well treated in the family. Being a Bengali learning music is a part of our culture, people heard me practising early morning and asked my mom why do u your daughter learn music? In BAREILLY i first saw a murder on the street, dead body lying on the street near the drain and blood flowing. I was always treated as a out sider in Bareilly. Here i first went to school riding a bicycle.

ANDHRA PRADESH:










VISAKHAPATNAM


I am still living here from the last
twenty years ,I live in Visakhapatnam, most of my education was here, thank god that i got to go to good reputated college and UNIVERSITY. (Andhra University), this city has given me many good friends and of course my best friend. I owe to this city, this city gave me the oppertunity to earn money. Visakhapatnam is a lovely place u name something and u find it here, Hills, Ocean, Forest, Wild life sanctuary,good educational institutions, heavy industries, star hotels, and of course helping people. I never felt that i am not a TELUGU speaking person, all those people whom i ever met in Vizag treated me the way they would treat a Telugu.
RAJAHMUNDRY:
Its a dist. in AP where i spent SIX months of my life and six months is really very small time to understand people and the life in the city. One thing i like about this city is people are very hard working when i was there in 1997, it was a small town, i went there again in 2004 and this time i saw a metamorphised City, with good number of hotels, well constructed apartments, tourism, good roads. i was surprised to see such a drastic change within six years. RIVER GODAVARY attracts me a lot.

HYDERABAD:
I lived here for fifteen months and i saw drastic changes in me, i became very professional, indipendent, life taught me almost every thing , i enjoyed the corporate life here.






WEST BENGAL:


Hmmmm....Its my native place, native place of my parents, grand parents, and great grand parents....i am not at all comfortable living here because of its population and pollution, extremely fast life and lack of english education (10 years back). Politics is a very interesting topic among bengalis, i find my self stranger in my native place. My parents can leave me alone for any place that i like to go to, apart from KOLKATA. With all its negatives i still love to visit Kolkata frequently, i love the small villages, Earthern huts, so many ponds, the music in the air, Robindro songeet, Rich bengali culture and of course the sweet language.





Crowded Howrah Bridge:


UTTARANCHAL:
I went to NAINITAAL for only a visit after my 10 std board exam. Its a tourist place so, i can only say its a pretty hill station. Later i saw Naini itaal in various movies.

Search 40+
travel sites
at ONCE!

1 comment:

ijswamy said...

I told my son "the farther you stay from the place of your birth the more prosperous you will be". He left for USA and is convinced.