Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I COULD NOT CASTE MY VOTE

Yes i could not caste my vote today, i took all the pains to search the polling booth for my area, then when i went there they could not find my name there, so there was no way that i can vote, i was deprived of my fundamental right. Later i found the reason was, because when they came for the verification we moved from the place where we lived earlier. If this the way our election commission works, i am sure only 30% of the citizens do caste Vote and 70% of them just accept who ever comes to power.


Now a days at least one member of every family lives in some other part of the country for better job option, where as his/her name still appears in the place of birth, this is not how it should work, as long as we have a voters card/PAN card/PASSPORT, we should be eligible to vote in any part of the country. I am really very sad that i could not vote and select my leader, now, i will have to accept who ever comes to power.Election commission should change the way its currently working.

http://www.wutravel.com/hotels/india/visakhapatnam/a_aid=e3de3f00

2 comments:

swathi's said...

hmm..true...let me see what happens to my vote...

ijswamy said...

The irony of our electoral system is that those who know and see the entire country and are not confined to their native places CAN NOT VOTE. I am talking about soldiers,sailors,airmen,BSF personnel NRIs looking after their parents and children and officials who are frequently transferred.That is why voting is always for parochial local and personal issues.