Tuesday, May 8, 2012

She aborted a male child for her daughter.





Satyemev jayete! first episode, huge response.....I am glad that we have social reformers like Amir Khan, who dreams for a better India, a civilized society.
female foeticide, really a burning topic....
I wish, he met my mother once before telecasting this episode.


I was the first child of my mother, when i was 3 years old, i suffered from nephritic syndrome( malfunctioning of the kidneys). Doctors gave only 60% chances of survival, i had to get hospitalized along with me my mother was also staying in the hospital. while i was undergoing treatment, she realized, she was pregnant for the second time, then she had two options, 
let me struggle hard for my survival and she take care of  herself for the second issue.
                                                                  or
Forgetting her pregnancy,  putting all her efforts to take care of the baby, with whom she had already spent three years of her life.


She was in a dilemma......."what if the second issue was a boy".


Finally she took her decision, for which she never regrets.....She got the child aborted and found it to be a boy . My grand mother could not forgive my mom for what she did until she was alive, she always reminded mom of the sin she did.


we are a nuclear family, and hardly spent time with grand mother, once when she came to live with us for a very long time, she told me what my mother did to bring me back to life.It was my 25th year of existence on earth. I wanted to know what made her abort a male child for me? her response was.......


" You were in my life for three years, you were my first child, you were the result of my prayers, i started loving you more than any thing else in the world, i wont deny the fact that i loved you more than your father, the thought of loosing you, was killing me, so i took this decision. I agree, that abortion was a sin, but i don't regret, because i did't see the one who was growing inside me,so my love for him was not existing. I could have brought him to the world, but i had to loose you".


Today what ever i am is the result of  my mothers sacrifice.....i owe her my life.

4 comments:

Ajay Paul said...

Nice :).

Vikas said...

very emotional write up i must say ..
Thanks for sharing this

swathi's said...

Arpita- I met your mother several times and I always get amazed by the love she has for you both. She is an amazing woman and I am not surprised to learn this story. You are blessed to have parents like them.

ASIT KUMAR DUTTA ROY said...

hey di,
yes ppl i do agree with what she has written.m so lucky to get a sister lyk u who give values the sacrifice that my mom did fr her.
my sister is the most responsible lady i ever met in my life who live for her parents.
love u didul.