Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vestigial Emotions.

Before i start writing what i wanted to say, i just wanted to explain something that i have read in Biology.


I studied Biology till graduation, our syllabus covered a part of human evolution, where i remember we studied about "Vestigial Organ" (the organ that's present in the human body but, its of no use), these organs were functional in our ancestors, but eventually they became useless because we reduces its use, so they are present in the body but they don't have any function, example "Appendix".
Well, i explained vestigial organ, because, off late i have found that my emotions have also become vestigial, I feel sad, i feel the pain in my heart, when i loose something or someone, i want to express by love for my family and friend (only one friend), i do care for everybody, i am responsible, i do feel pity. But i can't express.
My sister who recently got married and currently lives in Kolkata, came to live with us for 15 days, i really had good time with her, we shopped, we exchanged gifts, we had so much to talk, we planned our future tours. we spoke about new jewelry, we spoke about starting a business, etc. etc. I was happy, and i wanted to say her that i missed her while she was away.
Today she went back to her in-laws house, at the station we hugged, mom and she had tears in their eyes, i too wanted to cry, my heart suddenly became heavy and i was afraid to look at her, i was not talking, i felt as if i lost my speech, my head was aching, and i just wanted the train to move off. Though there were so many psychological changes happening in me, i was so normal, my eyes were dry, not even a single drop of tear fell from them. 
I explained about vestigial, because somehow i feel , my emotions have become vestigial, though they are present,  they don't work.


2 comments:

Vikas said...

i think u can still do it, but there is less time before they do go vestigial :)

Big Sister said...

Well I guess it is the age and experience acting up. I remember that I felt sad that my grandmother died when I was in US, but I did not cry. I mean I felt sad and had some weird kind of feeling in my stomach, but never really cried.