Thursday, August 13, 2009

I HAVE LIBERTY TO LIVE MY LIFE THE WAY I WANT.

Thanks to my parents , my relatives, my religion, my country, who allows me to live my life the way i want it. I am never answerable to any of the above mentioned, as to why i am selecting a particular thing to be the part of my life, what i wear, what i eat, where i go, who are my friends, which god i believe in, which religion i follow etc etc......Readers may think whats great in that every body has the right to live life the way they want to, its true in India, America,European countries and many other countries where human rights hold very strong roots and position.

There are many parents, relatives, religion, customs, and countries where human right is just a crap, most of the limitations are on women. They are not allowed to study,go out alone, get knowledge, set up their dream career, wear a smart looking dress, talk to the opposite sex, marry some one whom she likes, and what not.

I know, days are not that bad as i have mentioned above, because we meet people when we step out side our house, who are like us.As i talk to my few old friends whom i left behind in career, life style, and education, i see my self in a very better position. Anamika's mom doesn't allow her to wear jeans, my genius cousin was not allowed study because her parents thought of getting her married, my sister cannot choose to go to disco alone because her fiance want her to be only with him in public gatherings, my neighbour Neha was not allowed to work as her husband dint like her going out to office every morning, Anamika is not allowed to go for dating with her fiance because her brother is against girl and boy meeting before marriage,most Muslim women in the world are forced to wear burkha in scorching sun because their religion says that, and the list is endless...... why are all these limitation only for the women? are they bound to follow what the people, religion or country frames for them? I think these women gets pleasure and happiness in following the set rules, they don't have their own set targets, they actually don't know what they want? that's why the whole world sets or creates rules for them because they like to follow others, not listen to their heart.

2 comments:

swathi's said...

you should be greatful to live the way you want! but let me tell you..we are religious bound and many people still follow the rules! if they are doing with their will, we should appreciate them. If they are doing under force, we better stay away from them...as there is no point in appreciating ourselves infront of those who cannot come out!

ijswamy said...

I couldn`t agree any more with you. Girls are indoctrinated from the time of birth that rules are framed for their benefit. So women fight for burqua. Most married women keep their husbands` name after their name as a tag and are proud of them.Some girls keep two surnames like Arpita Dutta Roy. Indira Nehru Gandhi set the presedent and Sonia Maino Gandhi follows it