Monday, February 16, 2009

Friendship, a beautiful gift.

As a child i always hated to have friends, because i was always cheated, by one or the other. I was approached only when i was needed, it could be for any reason, it could be for a book, homework, to play with my toys etc. when i wanted the same from the same person i was never helped. That was not the end, i was even disturbed at my scheduled work, for eg. i missed my homework, there are many stories that i would not write down in open page. Finally i thought i will never be a good friend to any one, neither i will allow any body to be my friend. Gradually i completed my Graduation and went to Andhra university, for my M.sc, where i found a similar girl like me. Swathi was also a like me, helped others with every means and resource that she had, but when it was her turn to get something from others, people went back.

Now me ans Swathi are very good friends, in fact best friends, i know she always wants my good future. i finally found a friend who asks less but gives more, she never disturbs me at my work, we seldom talk, we meet once in a year, share our goods and bads, both of us are busy at our respective careers. I realise that priority changes with time so i never complaint why she is not calling me, or why she asks to call me later (when she is busy).

This is called a true friend ship where both the friends realise the importance of each others career, though the friend is not prior any more, still they talk over weekends, though they are apart for jobs, still they miss each other, they wish on each others Birthday, and the most important is they don't expect from each other rather they want the friend to get the best in life.

One of the best gifts that i got in my life from God is my very true friend SWATHI.

2 comments:

swathi's said...

omg....thats an honour for me arpita....tears r scrolling down....even i feel blessed when i think of you....may god be with u always....cheers to our dosti...

Unknown said...

Wow nice thoughts.