Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hippocratic society

"Don't do this, Don't do that" i am fed up of this Hippocratic society that i live in.
 Why do girls always have to be in the good books? i have always been in the so called good books of the Indian society, i had limited friends as a school girl, i studied in a women's college, i did Masters which i am proud of, but opted for a subject that was available in my home town, now, i am working,but still my parents keep a tab on, where i am going, how much time i will stay out of home, when i will come back, as parents i know they are worried about me, which is a valid, but i hate when they say "what if some one sees you outside so late in the night"?
Are my parents really answerable to all those people outside? do they feed me when i am hungry? did they buy me clothes in any of the festivals? did they compromise in any thing when it came to my admission fees? so why do they become so important when it comes to my personal life?

1 comment:

swathi's said...

Arpita, there is a difference between being secured by parents and imprisoning. You are free by many means in your life. You chose your career, college, attended parties. Whats wrong if your parents ask you to be home when it is too late. No parents want their kids to be home in late night. Not in any country! FReedom is being US and ourselves. Not roaming on roads late nights. If you feel so suffocated, why not move out of the house and see for yourself how easy/difficult life would be. We are in a strong family system that protects us. Trust me, if you want to be out of that system, you got to be too strong to deal with 1000 other issues.